Friday, September 11, 2009

Happiness is something so simple yet hard for some to find

If I had to create a bumper sticker that modeled my philosophy for life, it would be "Happiness is something so simple yet hard for some to find". I am a very optimistic person and always like see the bright side to things. Life is not perfect, so stress and troubles do come. For this reason the only thing I ask from God is to help me be strong and content with what I have. This goes for everyday life throughout work, school, and family. There is no need to complain or cry over spilt milk. I feel that one is better off grasping what is there and making the best of the situation. One should not be miserable, so if you are not content change or fix your problem . Even in a dire situation, one must have a positive attitude or perspective on the matter in order to accomplish their goals. Having a positive attitude will help you better understand the workings of the world and how to go about fixing it in the most comprehensive way. For example, I am not so content working at my current job, yet I still convey a positive employee attitude. It is very difficult at times, with rude co-workers, negligent managers, and impatient customers. Therefore, I am searching for a way to solve my problem. I have been working diligently at the establishment for over three years to date, so I feel the need to progress to a more meaningful job where I can better myself. Personally, the best way of showing a positive attitude, would be to speak to my boss and give my two weeks’ notice. I would then thank him for providing me with a job and this would help me to leave on a good note. Happiness can mean a lot of different things to others and changes over time. But happiness to me is being content and finding joy in the blessings of my life, with the help of a positive attitude.

19 comments:

  1. i have a positive attitude too. well, i TRY to be positive most of the time anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well said, attitude is everything. I believe in you reap what you sow, if your attitude is good then good things will come. I liked this post very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cindy,
    Love your way of thinking! Life is not perfect, but I am content with what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the motto, happiness is whatever you make you choose to be happy not anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with your philosophy, true happiness is hard to obtain.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that you can always stay strong and stay positive! that is something very valuable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your job. Hoping you find what you're searching for!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have a great attitude towards life. I hope everything works out for you at your job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cindy,
    Sure we all have problems, but it's part of life, we would not value how great other aspects of our life is if we did not have a problem somewhere.
    I have about a million problems but I am very happy. I think people that don't find happiness are not open to it. You have to take control and then you will see how satisfying life is.
    I used to have similar work problems as you, until I gave my two-week notice and concentrated on things I really wanted to do. At the time everyone though i was crazy but I was making myself miserable at my old job sitting at a desk in front of a computer just wasn't for me. By quitting my job I opened a whole new set of doors. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great motto, it kind of reminds me of the song by Bob Marley "Dont worry, Be Happy" I hope you find the job you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that's a wonderful attitude to have towards life.hope your job situation works out for the better.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Progression is something natural for the human race. We tend to progress especially in discomfort. I am certain that you will find yourself a new job and excel in that too! As for happiness... I think happiness comes from within!

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow this is something that i can use. I was also not content with where i was working but it was very difficult to convey a positive mental attitude. i admire your strength and your ability to look at things from a positve perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is very true, I think a lot of people spend their entire lives searching for happiness and then they realize that they could have had it all along. I kno after reading this that you won't be one of those people.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree, don't sweat the small stuff life is to short.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great writing! great motto! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great motto...i think alot of people chase after happiness. Not all of them get it but fighting for it can possbily one day come to you.

    ReplyDelete